Lesson Sequence (Gradual Release)
* Each lesson could have as many as 6 activities. Each activity provides scaffolding and support for gradual release to students of grade-level math learning.
* An entire lesson will take 30-45 minutes to complete and is worth up to 1,250 points.
* Feedback is embedded throughout. Help is available from learning coach and LIVE 'just-in-time' online teachers.
Components of TTM Lessons:
(1) a Pre-Quiz: Show What You Know
-- assess students’ prior knowledge
-- skip the lesson with an 80% or better.
(2) Warm-Up: Revisit Related Math Ideas
-- problems review the math that this lesson builds to connect prior knowledge
-- a short game or set of multiple-choice questions introduces
topic and links to prior knowledge
(3) Guided Learning: Understand New Math
-- do problems that have math help and answer feedback that help to learn and understand the math.
-- introduce concepts through example problems and guiding questions.
(4) Problem-Solving: 5-Step Process
-- learn a 5-step process that to use to solve word problems.
-- solution process includes analyzing, planning, solving, justifying, and evaluating
(5) Practice: Prepare
-- work independently on practice problems as follow up to guided learning in order to prepare to be successful on tests.
(6) a Post-Quiz: Show What You Learned
-- show what was learned in the lesson with a post-quiz over content at end of lesson